The Netherlands-Vietnam Sustainability Conference was Launched in Ho Chi Minh City
At the Eastin Grand Hotel Saigon on 21 July, the Dutch Business Association Vietnam (DBAV), EuroCham, and the Dutch Embassy & Consulate General jointly organised the Netherlands-Vietnam Sustainability Conference with the topic of "Going Green with the Dutch - Solutions, Technologies, and Adaptations from the Netherlands". In the morning's activities, participants discussed "Going Green with the Dutch - Solutions, Technologies, and Adaptations from the Netherlands" to highlight the Dutch business community's plans for the upcoming Green Economy Forum & Exhibition Event.
The event was moderated by Dutch Business Association Vietnam (DBAV) Executive Director Guido van Rooy, while guest speakers and panelists included:
- Ambassador of the Netherlands to Vietnam H.E. Elsbeth Akkerman
- GEFE Project Manager at EuroCham Vietnam Yasmina Depas (document)
- Managing Director at Shire Oak International Miguel Ferrer (document)
- Enterprise Key Account Manager at Signify Vietnam Huy Khong (document)
- Country Director Vietnam at Except Integrated Sustainability Chi Nguyen
- Renewable Energy Consultant at Pondera Joost Starmans
- Practice Manager at ACSV Legal, DBAV & EuroCham Board Member Marieke van der Pijl
- Vietnam Investment at Climate Fund Managers Kelvin Vuong (document)
Warm recommendations for Green Economy Forum Exhibition
During her comments, Dutch Ambassador to Vietnam H.E. Elsbeth Akkerman encouraged audience members to join the GEFE 2022 Dutch pavilion and highlighted the GEFE event as a win-win opportunity for the Dutch and Vietnamese, and that the event will allow Vietnam to see what the Netherlands specifically has to contribute towards Vietnam's green growth.
Ambassador Akkerman said:
“It is my personal belief that companies should be in the driver’s seat for the green transition. The Netherlands ranks high with multiple companies in the Vietnam Sustainability Index.”
A panel discussion concluded the event, during which audience members discussed topics such as solar energy, sustainability, and the circular economy with Huy Khong, Chi Nguyen, and Joost Starmans.
EuroCham’s Yasmina Depas mentioned during her remarks that:
EuroCham greatly appreciates the DBAV's strategic support for GEFE 2022, as well as its efforts to promote the event to the Dutch business community.
After the conference, there was a business networking lunch hosted by the Embassy, DBAV, and Climate Fund Managers.