NLinBusiness –initiated by the Confederation of Dutch Business, VNO-NCW & MKB-Nederland – supports Dutch companies in their international expansion. We are currently building a strong global network of NL Business Hubs in 40 specifically selected Cities of Opportunity to support Dutch companies in their growth strategies. In San Francisco we will join the Holland in the Valley Network to launch and support the management of the vibrant, local business community.
Holland in the Valley was launched by the Netherlands Consulate General in San Francisco one year ago, and is a public/private initiative which, among other things, provides Dutch founders a “soft landing” in the Bay Area.
Holland in the Valley’s constituent partners are the Association of Universities in the Netherlands (VSNU), Dutch and US corporate partners, the Netherland-America Foundation (NAF), and the Consulate General of the Netherlands in San Francisco. HV’s stakeholders provide Dutch entrepreneurs with tools to catapult themselves in the US. To make this happen, we bring together mentors, corporate partners, investors and Dutch founders to build a thriving community that ‘pays it forward’.
Your main activities will consist of:
- Building trust and loyalty with the local business community. Identifying companies with Dutch-American ties, potential service providers and partnerships that will drive community growth.
- Being ears & eyes for Dutch SMEs that show an interest in Silicon Valley, and identifying opportunities to position Dutch SMEs for success.
- Being a face and voice for the Holland in the Valley network, either online via social media, blog, emails, chat or offline through meetings, events and conferences. You will continually strive to improve the brand visibility and to position Silicon Valley as an attractive business destination with a thriving business community.
- Welcoming Dutch entrepreneurs to San Francisco and providing them with the right connections to facilitate their business needs.
- Supporting the Startup Liaison (who works from the Consulate) with daily activities to manage, grow and mobilise the Holland in the Valley community.
- Adequately enrolling contacts and events in a CRM database, and keeping data up-to-date and relevant.
- Experience and a proven track record in relevant roles in international trade or international business to be a sparring partner for both Dutch entrepreneurs and local (tech) community members.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Dutch.
- A proven blend of (digital) editorial and storytelling skills, including short-form (copywriting), long-form (articles and blog posts) and video content.
- Ability to build, grow and energize an online community
- Knowledge of analytics, web metrics and SEO best practices that gauge content performance.
- Passion for international trade and startup/scaleup entrepreneurship and for making business connections to deliver results/success.
- A personality that thrives in small, collaborative, entrepreneurial teams.
- Willing to act as an independent liaison (freelancer), without a personal interest in recruiting customers for your own benefits.
- Strong affiliation with the Kingdom of the Netherlands, the United States and the Bay Area in particular.
Your Qualifications & Skills:
- Higher education degree, preferably in business and/or marketing;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Dutch;
- Excellent analytical and report-writing skills;
- Experienced with administrative tasks and responsibilities;
- Experienced with (online) community management, digital marketing and social media;
- Experienced with organizing business events.
- Working experience in a Dutch company or in the Netherlands
A plus for candidates with:
- US work permit or US citizenship;
- Knowledge of US tax- and import regulations;
- Relevant and substantial business network in the Bay Area;
- Experience in supporting companies (SME, Startups, scale-ups) doing business in the US;
Location / conditions:
The position will be sponsored by NLinBusiness, but the landing base will be at the Netherlands Consulate General in San Francisco. Applicants commit to a 3-day workweek, are flexible as per working hours and are legally able to do freelance work in the US (Visa is not provided).
Place in the Organization of Holland in the Valley
The Netherlands Consulate General in San Francisco, in close collaboration with the HV Board of Trustees and HV Partners, has put forward ambitious goals. Your role is to further organize and professionalize the community. You will operate in close cooperation with The Netherlands Deputy Consul General in San Francisco, the start-up liaison and with the NLinBusiness Manager in The Hague. You will report to the HV Community Management Committee.
Please send your CV and a short motivation letter before May 15, 2020 to email@example.com